Stop-motion is one of the animation genres. It means that in cartoons production will be used various materials like paper, plasticine, real tings etc. The target audience is from 0 to 14.
An animation studio works not only on one product but also on finding and pitching ideas, a co-production with other studios at the same time. There’re a lot of things come up in the studio: toys and merchandise concepts, applications & game concepts, sound production, sounding and localization animation products, etc.
Several ideas are ready for production.
Actors and actress of voice were founded.
Our target audience is girls 4-6 years old and their parents (usually moms).
Problem or Opportunity
We need investments to start filming a pilot. When this process is started we gonna keep selecting ideas to realize.
Solution (product or service)
The main goal is production one season or half of the season stop-motion cartoons TV-show. Production various merchandising stuff, apps, games.
The first step is production pilot (about 3 series) to pitch 'em for broadcasters and top-rated animation studies.
The animation is the most competitive business, but it's fun and gives company a chance get money not only for selling a product to broadcasters but also there's a big perspective to be successful in licensing.
Advantages or differentiators
A well-written and filmed idea is a key to TV. Stop-motion is the cheapest way to start production animation TV-series.
1. Money for production a pilot.
After successful pitching
2. Money for production a full/half season, marketing and production stuff (merchandising stuff, apps, games).
Animation production includes several steps:
1. Coming up an idea.
2. R&D the idea.
3. Pitching the idea.
4. Consulting with a psychologist.
5. Preparing a structure, plot, characters of a product.
6. Second pitching.
7. Working on remarks.
8. Approving the structure.
9. Writing stories for the plots.
10. Approving stories.
11. Starting sketching characters.
12. Approving characters’ stylistic.
13. Drawing locations.
14. Coloring characters and location.
15. Sound production.
16. Filming a pilot.
17. Editing audio and video.
18. Patenting the idea, sketches.
19. Starting a marketing company.
20. Pitching product to broadcasters and top-rated animation studios to get approving and finding money to produce one season.
21. Start production a season.
22. Start developing merchandising.
23. Approving series with broadcasters.
24. Patenting product.
27. Getting money.
Money will be spent on
Hiring people: illustrators, script writers, storyboard artists, voice actors and actresses, psychologist, sound designer (editor), colorist, sale managers, marketers, lower, patent manager, SMM managers.
Marketing company in social platforms.
Offer for investor
I expect the product will be done until fall. The product will have high profitability.
Risks are high in this business. Only one idea, from 100 ideas, goes to second or third pitching. Only one idea among hundreds of pre-pitched ideas has a chance to be shown.