At socialmix, we’re creating a mobile experience for patrons to get personalized drink recommendations and services through a community of global curators and a marketplace of freelance mixologists
If you are familiar with Vivino for wine – we have a similar model for the Mixed Drink space (cocktails).
Highlights of our socialmix journey:
- Built a Team [3 Co-founders, 2 App Developers, 2 Advisors].
- Business model and revenue strategy defined.
- Corporation formalized [Delaware C-Corp, Gust Launch, SVB, MOFO].
- $102,500 Friends & Family Investment Round [Cap Table].
- Wire-frame & Prototype developed / Lifestyle brand launched.
- Strategy Confirmation [Financial Forecast Audit / NCB Show Validation].
- Pre-Seed Investment Round OPEN [For MVP]
1) Patrons = 240M+ Adults consume alcohol in U.S.
2) Mixologists = 600K+ Mixologists & Bartenders in U.S.
3) Establishments = 1M+ Bars & Restaurants in U.S.
- $26.2B Annual Spirits Supplier Revenue in U.S.
- 77% Smartphone Adoption of adults in U.S.
- 80% would use a mobile app to choose their next drink.
- 88% would submit drink recipes for a chance to win prizes.
- Millennials -> Baby Boomers -> Gen Xers
- Women -> Men
“Millennials are influenced by three main sources when it comes to gathering trusted information on trying liquor brands.”
1) Friends & Co-Workers
2) Bartenders & Mixologists
Problem or Opportunity
Three Stakeholder Model:
1) Patrons > What do you want to drink? - Find a drink - Make a drink - Enjoy a drink
2) Mixologists > Where can I build a following? - Become a curator - Get rewarded - Connect People - Compete for projects - Earn money
3) Establishments & Brands > How do we improve revenue? - Increase high-margin sales - Provide an experience - Targeted marketing
Solution (product or service)
A Free Mobile Experience:
- A mobile app for personalized drink recommendations and 'how to' recipes based on your interests, history & location
1) Community - A network for curators to promote their fluid excitements with a chance to win prizes.
2) Marketplace - A platform for freelance mixologists, bartenders and entertainers to compete for services, jobs & events.
3) Engagement - A tool for establishments and brands to engage with targeted customers through social experiences.
- Website & Blog vs. Mobile App
- Database Focus vs. User Focus
Advantages or differentiators
1) Passionate and experienced team.
2) Application features & value
- Artificial Intelligence
Our mission: 3+3=27x
a) 3 Stakeholder Model
b) 3 Revenue Streams
c) 27x Investor Return (w/ 93% IRR)