RoboJuice is the world’s first fully-automated, interactive kiosk with a friendly, human-like robot that makes fresh juices & smoothies in under 60 seconds and harnesses AI & NLP to communicate with customers and create a fun, memorable experience.
RoboJuice is well beyond the early-stage concept phase. We have but 3 prototypes, filed 2 patents, and are currently in the process of assembling the final version of our kiosk.
So far we validated demand with 150+ franchise requests and are set to launch the first two locations in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2021 and plan on working with franchise partners around the US.
We’re standing at the doors of a tremendous opportunity to capitalize on the multi-billion dollar juice and smoothie space - taking an expensive, space-limited business model and giving it a 21st-century upgrade with the help of first-class AI-driven tech. The juice and smoothie industry is a 15 billion dollar industry worldwide and has been growing at a 7% CAGR (2019 - 2024).
Problem or Opportunity
The high cost of opening, operating, and maintaining traditional smoothie and juice stores and limited available space creates a limit on where traditional stores can open.
As a result, people who enjoy freshly made smoothies and juices are limited to either making it at home, which can be time-consuming and inconvenient, or drive in traffic for 30 minutes to the closest store. It also means that many high foot traffic areas like hotels, gyms, airports, and more miss out on a valuable opportunity to service a popular, growing demand amongst health-conscious consumers.
What’s been missing is a low-cost, small-footprint alternative that solves these problems while leveraging cutting-edge automation to increase efficiency and state-of-the-art AI to create memorable customer experiences that go miles beyond the competitors.
Solution (product or service)
More than just a machine:
Our team built RoboJuice to deliver an experience unlike any other juice and smoothie barista in the business. Here’s how:
- Great drinks: Delicious and healthy drinks are fundamental to what we do at RoboJuice. Great drinks, amazing experience, affordable price, and high-quality ingredients is what will keep our customers coming back.
- Personalized experience: RoboJuice harnesses Natural Language Processing, enabling him to engage with customers and make personal connections in a natural and friendly way - taking orders by voice and educating customers about the health benefits of each drink.
- Smart: RoboJuice also uses computer vision and object recognition allowing him to react and start taking orders as soon as a customer approaches. RoboJuice also offers recommendations and remembers previous orders - juice like a human barista might for their “regulars”.
- Mobile: Customers can also use our mobile app to order drinks from the existing menu or custom drinks to their liking. The app also helps customers find the nearest RoboJuice kiosk, order drinks ahead of time, and pick it up when it’s ready without having to wait in line.
- Automated: Because RoboJuice is fully-automated, it required no staff (dramatically cutting down on costs). And unlike his human counterpart, RoboJuice is always available and at his post ready to fix drinks 24/7
- Fast: With our own custom-developed self-cleaning and fruit dispensing blender, RoboJuice reduces the prep time down from minutes to under 60 seconds.
There are several big players in the industry such as Jamba Juice and smoothie king that have been there for over 20 years and have established a recognizable brand for themselves. But low opening/operational cost, low footprint, and full automation allow us to install our kiosks in places where Jamba Juice and Smoothie King cannot.
Advantages or differentiators
RoboJuice kiosks are 10-30x cheaper to open than traditional juice & smoothie stores, require no staff, operate 24/7, and at just 60 square feet, are an ideal match for high foot traffic venues such as airports, hotels, gyms, malls, offices, and beyond. This makes it a perfect franchising opportunity and 150 franchising requests pre-marking had proven the demand.
Robotic technology used in Robojuice makes juices in under 60 seconds and uses natural fruits with no ice which makes it is the fastest and the freshest on the market.
RoboJuice will operate on 2 revenue models: operating company-owned locations and selling franchises that will generate royalty fee revenue.
The first company owned location is estimated to sell 250 cups daily and with a 5.99$ price, we are expecting 540K$ Annual Sales from one location. Annual Revenue from 1,000 locations company-owned locations is projected to be 540K$.
Selling franchises with a 25% Royalty fee and a one-time payment of 65K$ will generate a royalty fee of 135M$ from 1,000 locations.
Working with franchise partners will allow us to expand rapidly across the US and the world without having to spend large sums of capital upfront and hiring people.
We’ve had a lot of interest from people about our franchise and here are some of the reasons why people are looking forward to working with us: It’s 10 times cheaper to open a RoboJuice kiosk, no staff required and it takes up a small amount of space. All this affects how much a franchise owner will be able to make working with us.
Opening a Jamba Juice costs between 350k - 650k, then you have to hire, train and manage a team of people. All this adds up eating up the profit margins.
Opening a RoboJuice will cost under 50k, will require no staff and the kiosk will work 24/7.
Money will be spent on
- Finalizing development of the first kiosk, hiring additional engineers, and launching the first location.
- Setting up production in China to lower costs
- Runway to Seed round in August 2021
Offer for investor
A final decision will be made during a negotiation process
The company is subject to a number of significant risks that could result in a reduction in its value and the value of the company securities, potentially including, but not limited to:
- Rapidly changing consumer preferences and market trends,
- Inability to expand and maintain market acceptance for the company’s services and products,
- Inability to gain access to international markets and comply with all applicable local laws and regulations,
- Inability to achieve management’s projections for growth, to maintain or increase historical rates of growth, to achieve growth based on past or current trends, or to effectively manage rapid growth,
Incubation/Acceleration programs accomplishment
Participation in Y Combinator Startup School
Won the competition and other awards
Second place at "Unicorn Battle in San Francisco".